Another approach to fusion? (BSF)
Mike Deeth
2012-02-01 03:50:25 UTC
Greetings, intelligent internet-savvy news-groupers. :-)

I've bitten off a lot more than I can chew, and I need help!

If you would like to play an active role, make ground-level discoveries,
and lay the foundation for a new and untested approach to fusion, please
visit my website:

http://home.centurytel.net/bubbles/bubbles.htm

The specifications & drawings to my thermonuclear fusion power plant are
located there, but you can also access them directly from the USPTO,
which published the application on 1/19/2012. Sorry, the documentation
is a little hard to understand, a side-effect of the inventions
complexity and my rush to write it within the time allotted. I should
also mention that I'm neither a physicist nor a high school graduate,
having no English training beyond 7th grade.

Now that the patent has been published, I can finally talk openly about
it, and I'm looking forward to some objective feedback. Please post your
comments here, instead of Emailing me. That way you’ll get a much faster
response, that can be verified and corrected using the total brainpower
of this entire group. :-)

My primary concern, right now, is with the inventions feasibility (will
it work?). A secondary goal is to improve the documentation, so other
people can understand it. If we can get past these, there will be many
more details that need to be figured out.

Thanks
Mike Deeth
2012-02-01 05:12:09 UTC
Sorry, I left out the most important information.

TITLE OF INVENTION
------------------
A NUCLEAR FUSION POWER PLANT HAVING A LIQUID REACTOR CORE OF
MOLTEN GLASS THAT IS MADE LASERACTIVE AND FUNCTIONS AS A
TRITIUM BREEDING BLANKET WHICH IS CAPABLE OF ACOUSTICLY
COMPRESSING/CONFINING FUEL SO THAT IT RADIATES AND TRIGGERS
OUTGOING LASER CASCADES THAT WILL REFLECT FROM THE BLAST
CHAMBER'S SPHERICAL INSIDE WALL AND RETURN LIKE PHOTONIC
TSUNAMIS, CRUSHING, HEATING, AND CAUSING THERMONUCLEAR IGNITION
OF THE FUEL SO THAT HEAT ENGINES AND PIEZOELECTRIC HARVESTERS
CAN CONVERT THE RELEASED ENERGY INTO ELECTRICITY.

ABSTRACT
--------
A nuclear fusion power plant having a spherical blast-chamber
filled with a liquid coolant that breeds tritium, absorbs
neutrons, and functions as both an acoustical and laser medium.
Fuel bubbles up through the sphere's base and is positioned
using computer guided piezoelectric transducers that are
located outside the blast-chamber. These generate phase-
shifted standing-waves that tractor the bubble to the center.
Once there, powerful acoustic compression waves are launched.
Shortly before these reach the fuel, an intense burst of light
is pumped into the sphere, making the liquid laser-active.
When the shockwaves arrive, the fuel temperature skyrockets and
it radiates brightly. This, photon-burst, seeds outgoing laser
cascades that return, greatly amplified, from the sphere's
polished innards. Trapped within a reflecting sphere, squeezed
on all sides by high-density matter, the fuel cannot cool or
disassemble before thorough combustion. The blast's kinetic
energy is absorbed piezoelectrically.

I look forward to your replies. :-)