Fox news article.....rossi cold fusion......
sno
2011-11-03 03:54:11 UTC
check it out...

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/11/02/andrea-rossi-italian-cold-fusion-plant/

http://pesn.com/2011/11/02/9501944_Fox_News_E-Cat_Article_Needs_Work/

have fun......sno
--
Correct Scientific Terminology:
Hypothesis - a guess as to why or how something occurs
Theory - a hypothesis that has been checked by enough experiments
to be generally assumed to be true.
Law - a hypothesis that has been checked by enough experiments
in enough different ways that it is assumed to be truer then a theory.
Note: nothing is proven in science, things are assumed to be true.
vaughn
2011-11-03 12:58:03 UTC
Post by sno
check it out...
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/11/02/andrea-rossi-italian-cold-fusion-plant/
http://pesn.com/2011/11/02/9501944_Fox_News_E-Cat_Article_Needs_Work/
For me, the following quote from the article represents the bottom line: "...
any extraordinary discovery requires extraordinary proof. ... the E-Cat must be
verified by an independent study conducted by scientists who are allowed access
to the machine's inner-workings."

I would honestly like to believe in Rossi, but this whole thing reminds me
entirely too much of the MDI "aircar". This is a compressed air-powered car
that will forever be in production "next year". MDI regularly shows slick
prototypes to the press, but never allows any independent evaluation of his
range claims for them. He cant! His claims defy the laws of thermodynamics.
Yet this scam has gone on for over a decade now.

Vaughn
vaughn
2011-11-03 13:11:46 UTC
"vaughn" <***@gmail.invalid> wrote in message news:j8u343$sv8$***@dont-email.me...

Sorry, forgot to include the link to the MDI site: http://www.mdi.lu/english/
(Just in case anyone cares to invest)

Vaughn
Bob F
2012-02-06 18:25:56 UTC
http://www.mdi.lu/english/ (Just in case anyone cares to invest)
Cute. Their video clearly shows it can't keep up with slow urban traffic.
News
2012-05-15 03:16:27 UTC
Post by Bob F
http://www.mdi.lu/english/ (Just in case anyone cares to invest)
Cute. Their video clearly shows it can't keep up with slow urban traffic.
It can in India....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_vehicle#Petro-air_hybrid

http://www.tatamotors.com/media/press-releases.php?id=750

MDI's air engine technology tested on Tata Motors vehicles

In January 2007, Tata Motors and Motor Development International
(Luxembourg) signed a licence agreement that enables Tata Motors to produce
and sell compressed air cars using MDI technology in India. The agreement
covered two phases of activity encompassing the technology transfer and
proof of the technical concept in the first phase, and in the second phase
completing detailed development of the compressed air engine into specific
vehicle and stationary applications.

The first phase of this programme - proof of the technical concept in Tata
Motors vehicles - has now been successfully completed with the compressed
air engine concept having been demonstrated in two Tata Motors vehicles.

In the second phase of the development, the two companies are working
together to complete detailed development of the technology and required
technical processes to industrialise a market ready product application over
the coming years.
harry k
2012-05-15 03:20:10 UTC
Post by News
Post by Bob F
[...]
So what has happened? That was 5 years ago. Don't you ever get tired
of having your 'predictions' crammed up your rear?

Harry K
News
2012-05-15 03:24:55 UTC
Post by harry k
Post by News
Post by Bob F
[...]
Senile one. Read the links. You can move your lips if it makes it better.
It was a press release from THIS MONTH.
Mho
2012-05-22 03:47:17 UTC
Where is this "release" button that we are supposed to press?

News
2012-02-12 09:40:10 UTC
Post by sno
check it out...
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/11/02/andrea-rossi-italian-cold-fusion-plant/
http://pesn.com/2011/11/02/9501944_Fox_News_E-Cat_Article_Needs_Work/
"... any extraordinary discovery requires extraordinary proof. ... the
E-Cat must be verified by an independent study conducted by scientists who
are allowed access to the machine's inner-workings."
I would honestly like to believe in Rossi, but this whole thing reminds me
entirely too much of the MDI "aircar". This is a compressed air-powered
car that will forever be in production "next year". MDI regularly shows
slick prototypes to the press, but never allows any independent evaluation
of his range claims for them. He cant! His claims defy the laws of
thermodynamics. Yet this scam has gone on for over a decade now.
I never perceived that as a scam. It worked. They were not saying it had the
speed of a jaguar, it was for around town trundling. One version of the
engine was an integral hybrid that could use gasoline and air all in one
engine.

At the time they were promoting it, the Toyota Prius emerged, which set the
trend of the current hybrids - a large auto maker, MDI are not.

Since then the aim of the big auto giants has been electric batteries,
electric motor traction with on-board range extenders (an IC genset). A
highly simple arrangement - much simpler than we have now. The Chevy Volt
was to be this, but cut back at the 11th hour to have a series of complex
clutches giving direct drive in certain conditions. Chevy were using an
suitable engine for the genset.

Enter the Russians with very different newly developed range extender
engine. It has 100% electric motor traction using a revolutionary new rotary
toroidal "vane" engine". It is 25% the size and weight of normal engines of
the same HP.

The battery pack is reported to be small for the car so nearly always runs
with the genset running.
http://pesn.com/2011/04/23/9501814_Russian_firm_claims_MYT_engine_design_its_own/
Combining the Russian engine and compressed air to claw back kinetic brake
energy (no expensive batteries, just an air tank) and this may be even
better and far more cleaner running in cities. Like the MDI car, the
compressed air tank could be charged up on the driveway, so no problem of
cold starts in the mornings. Air could start the engine as it runs along,
bringing the engine in and out as needed.

Air is free and all around us, all it needs is a tank. Batteries will cost
and they giant corps know this.
News
2012-02-12 13:30:49 UTC
"News" <***@invalid.kill> wrote in message news:jh81e4$1nu$***@dont-email.me...

I wrote:
"Chevy were using an suitable engine for the genset."

Correction:

"Chevy were using an unsuitable engine for the genset."

Chevy are using an existing 1400cc adapted stock engine. Genny engines are
different in that the crank is lighter.
GO-HERE .NL
2011-11-03 15:55:53 UTC
Post by sno
check it out...
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/11/02/andrea-rossi-italian-cold-f...
http://pesn.com/2011/11/02/9501944_Fox_News_E-Cat_Article_Needs_Work/
have fun......sno
--
Hypothesis - a guess as to why or how something occurs
Theory - a hypothesis that has been checked by enough experiments
  to be generally assumed to be true.
Law - a hypothesis that has been checked by enough experiments
  in enough different ways that it is assumed to be truer then a theory.
Note: nothing is proven in science, things are assumed to be true.
"“[The E-Cat experiment] should be treated as a hoax until independent
scientists are able to replicate these results,” Koomey told
FoxNews.com -- as one would treat claims that someone had defied the
laws of gravity or found a major flaw in the theory of relativity."

Relativity has results?
macpacheco
2011-11-03 19:57:09 UTC
Post by GO-HERE .NL
Post by sno
[...]
There's one thing Rossi could do that might prove him beyond doubt.
Leave a few modules from his 1MW generator running for weeks non stop
in self sustain mode, with its output actually doing useful work, like
heating a building in the University of Bologna. Temperatures are now
cold enough to require heating, what a great excuse to do it ! Heat
the building exclusively using his reactors.

PS: I believed in Rossi more before the 1MW demo than now, leaving
that generator on was really fishy. Either he doesn't want to convince
the mainstream, or he's really an excellent con artist. BTW I do
believe in cold fusion in general, I'm just having my doubts about Mr
Rossi.
CWatters
2011-11-05 13:13:59 UTC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tests_of_general_relativity
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tests_of_special_relativity
Androcles
2011-11-05 13:27:08 UTC
"CWatters" <***@NOturnersoakSPAM.plus.com> wrote in message news:9I-dnfZr1fg-qyjTnZ2dnUVZ8g-***@brightview.co.uk...
| On 03/11/2011 15:55, GO-HERE .NL wrote:
| > On Nov 3, 4:54 am, sno<***@opelc.com> wrote:
| >> check it out...

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/11/02/andrea-rossi-italian-cold-f...

| >> http://pesn.com/2011/11/02/9501944_Fox_News_E-Cat_Article_Needs_Work/
| >>
| >> have fun......sno
| >>
| >> --
| >> Correct Scientific Terminology:
| >> Hypothesis - a guess as to why or how something occurs
| >> Theory - a hypothesis that has been checked by enough experiments
| >> to be generally assumed to be true.
| >> Law - a hypothesis that has been checked by enough experiments
| >> in enough different ways that it is assumed to be truer then a
theory.
| >> Note: nothing is proven in science, things are assumed to be true.
| >
| > "“[The E-Cat experiment] should be treated as a hoax until independent
| > scientists are able to replicate these results,” Koomey told
| > FoxNews.com -- as one would treat claims that someone had defied the
| > laws of gravity or found a major flaw in the theory of relativity."
| >
| > Relativity has results?
|

| http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tests_of_general_relativity
| http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tests_of_special_relativity
--
Test of GR.

Synchronize two vacuum enclosed identical horizontal light clocks
side-by-side and leave to run for 6 months in two identical chest
freezers (for environmental control). Note any relative drift.

Place one horizontal light clock at the top of the Burj Khalifa
<http://www.burjkhalifa.ae/>
and leave the other at the base. Leave to run for 6 months.
Bring the clocks together again, note any relative drift.

If the clocks DO read the same count (with drift allowed) then NIST
got it wrong, there was no time dilation due to altitude difference.
<http://www.nist.gov/public_affairs/releases/aluminum-atomic-clock_092310.cfm>

If the clocks do NOT read the same count (with drift allowed) due to
time dilation then NIST got it wrong, the speed of light cannot be a
universal constant.
<http://physics.nist.gov/cgi-bin/cuu/Value?c>

Either way, NIST are useless yankee wankers and WRONG.

Test failed.
J. Clarke
2011-11-07 01:23:11 UTC
Post by Androcles
| >> check it out...

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/11/02/andrea-rossi-italian-cold-f...

| >> http://pesn.com/2011/11/02/9501944_Fox_News_E-Cat_Article_Needs_Work/
| >>
| >> have fun......sno
| >>
| >> --
| >> Hypothesis - a guess as to why or how something occurs
| >> Theory - a hypothesis that has been checked by enough experiments
| >> to be generally assumed to be true.
| >> Law - a hypothesis that has been checked by enough experiments
| >> in enough different ways that it is assumed to be truer then a
theory.
| >> Note: nothing is proven in science, things are assumed to be true.
| >
| > "?[The E-Cat experiment] should be treated as a hoax until independent
| > scientists are able to replicate these results,? Koomey told
| > FoxNews.com -- as one would treat claims that someone had defied the
| > laws of gravity or found a major flaw in the theory of relativity."
| >
| > Relativity has results?
|

| http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tests_of_general_relativity
| http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tests_of_special_relativity
Either way, NIST are useless yankee wankers and WRONG.

Frosts your little paranoid-schizophrenic butt that GPS works doesn't
it?

<plonk>
GO-HERE .NL
2011-11-07 06:02:35 UTC
Post by Androcles
Test failed.
keep the secret!
Androcles
2011-11-07 09:49:41 UTC
Post by Androcles
Test failed.
keep the secret!

=======================================
Too late.

Wormleyonics is the science of reading pop-sci magazines and
believing any hyperbole that helps sell that magazine. Usually the
articles contain such phrases as "a team of scientists led by
researchers from (Expensive University) have discovered ...
(phenomenon Wormley wants to gripe about)" which translates
to "some students are playing another prank". Wormley can name
the planets of the solar system in the correct order, making him a
professor of astronomy.
Popular translations:
a team of scientists = a class of students
research = crib your neighbour's magazine
eric gisse
2011-11-04 03:31:51 UTC
Yeah, because fox news has a history of fact checking...
Yousuf Khan
2011-11-08 23:02:05 UTC
Post by sno
check it out...
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/11/02/andrea-rossi-italian-cold-fusion-plant/
They talk about a secret buyer who is willing to fund the project,
provided they meet the secret requirements. A secret buyer and secret
requirements, hmmm. So why is this all so public then?

Yousuf Khan