Overturned scientific explanation seems to have been right all along, could make a type of nuclear fusion more feasible
Y.Porat
2011-04-12 08:19:25 UTC
Overturned scientific explanation may be good news for nuclear fusion
"The unexpected finding appears to confirm a long-forgotten observation
from physicists at Cavendish Laboratory in Cambridge, England. In 1936,
they made crude, but apparently correct, estimates of the two
higher-energy alphas.
Their results were “buried in history” until now, Ahmed says.
Now, 75 years later, the new insight makes the boron-fusion reaction
even more interesting as a possible alternative to the nuclear fission
process used in reactors in Japan and other parts of the world. A
reactor based on this process could produce electricity without
radioactive wastes. It also would not produce the carbon dioxide and
other gases emitted by coal-powered plants."http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-04-overturned-scientific-explanation...
        ***
The type of nuclear fusion they are talking about here, i.e. Hydrogen
with Boron-11, is known as Aneutronic Fusion. It's a type of fusion
process that produces a lower rate of free neutrons, and is thus safer
in its lethal radioactive products.
Aneutronic fusion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediahttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aneutronic_fusion
        Yousuf Khan
-------------------
very interesting
yet needs examination :

see in my abstarct the Boron structre
and the Alpha structure
it is composed of 2 Alahas and one triton
the h is combining with the triton at the edge of Boron
and voila you get it
soactually you could doit with the tritin plus proton as well
the point is that
BORON IS MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE THEN TRITON!!
OTOHA

iguess that the Boron is more effective in enlarging the right
collision process
so it needs examination economically
and technologically
2
anyway
it is not energy gaining goos as what th sun is doing
ie
making Alpha from net Protons !!!

see
http://sites.google.com/site/theyporatmodel/an-abstract

look there for Boron** GEOMETRIC ** structure (B)

TIA
Y.Porat
----------------
Y.Porat
2011-04-12 08:26:30 UTC
The type of nuclear fusion they are talking about here, i.e. Hydrogen
with Boron-11, is known as Aneutronic Fusion. It's a type of fusion
process that produces a lower rate of free neutrons, and is thus safer
in its lethal radioactive products.
Aneutronic fusion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aneutronic_fusion
        Yousuf Khan
Piece of cake; all you have to do is get things to 6.6 gigakelvins and
keep that contained.
Well, you could say that's the same problem afflicting the regular old
deuterium-based fusion that we're usually working on now. Once we can
solve this problem with deuterium fusion, then I think it'll be solvable
for this exotic fusion too.
        Yousuf Khan
---------------------
if you understand it MORE DEEPLY
you will understand that it is not only ' bank accountants'
business of particles and local binding energies -
it is
probability and technological calculations and efficiency business
ie 'cost benefit'' business !!

TIA
Y.Porat
-----------------------
Chris

-----------------------
Y.Porat
2011-04-13 08:51:28 UTC
The type of nuclear fusion they are talking about here, i.e. Hydrogen
with Boron-11, is known as Aneutronic Fusion. It's a type of fusion
process that produces a lower rate of free neutrons, and is thus safer
in its lethal radioactive products.
Aneutronic fusion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aneutronic_fusion
        Yousuf Khan
Piece of cake; all you have to do is get things to 6.6 gigakelvins and
keep that contained.
Well, you could say that's the same problem afflicting the regular old
deuterium-based fusion that we're usually working on now. Once we can
solve this problem with deuterium fusion, then I think it'll be solvable
for this exotic fusion too.
       Yousuf Khan
Not really.
Deuterium fusion is an order of magnitude cooler so unless someone invents
a Star Trek containment field that is temperature independent, it is unlikely
a solution for deuterium will also work for boron.
-------------------------
i dint say Deuterium fusion
i said Boron Proton fusion
or even boron Deuterium fusion

but as it was done technically in the op post
it is not done in VACUUM on a flat paper .....

IT NEEDS SOME SPECIFIC ENVIRONMENT --
TECHNICAL DEVICE ENVIRONMENT

as you know
the little or big devil is IN THE DETAILS !! (:-)

ATB
Y.Porat
----------------------------
Y.Porat
2011-04-13 09:29:41 UTC
[...]
and in addition of my above post
i forgot to indicate A LITTLE DETAIL (:-)

it is so little as the difference between
some trivial note
and insinuating about some
historic revolution in nucler science as described
in my last post from yesterday . 12-4-11
at my description of the boron nuc in my abstarcrt

please see agine the Boron geometric description
there (Boron = B)

please note that the Boron nucis not jsut a porridge of nucleids
IT HAS A 'FRONT POLE'' AND A BACK POLE ''
**THAT ARE NOT IDENTICAL !!

the triton is only say at the 'front pole '
so the additional Proton (and again Proton not
additional Neutron!!)
must collide only
AT THE FRONT POLE
WHERE THE TRITON IS LOCATED (NOT AT THE ABCK POLE
IN WHICH THERE IS ALREADY AN ALPHA PARTICLE

so here should come the specific devices
to will '' look for it'' -- that the Boron will be kept
at collision moment -- -
--'head forwards !! (and not tale forwards )!!
it is a ''little difference''
isnt it
my model is just a 'trivial innovation'
isn t it so (:-)

TIA
Y.Porat
----------------------------
Y.Porat
2011-04-14 05:47:50 UTC
Piece of cake; all you have to do is get things to 6.6 gigakelvins and
keep that contained.
Well, you could say that's the same problem afflicting the regular old
deuterium-based fusion that we're usually working on now. Once we can
solve this problem with deuterium fusion, then I think it'll be solvable
for this exotic fusion too.
        Yousuf Khan
Not really.
Deuterium fusion is an order of magnitude cooler so unless someone invents
a Star Trek containment field that is temperature independent, it is unlikely
a solution for deuterium will also work for boron.
Yes, that's understood, but deuterium fusion is still millions of
degrees, once an efficient method of containment is devised for hundreds
of millions of degrees, then I can imagine that a billion degrees might
just be a matter of a slight bit more development of the same
technology. We're using lasers right now to do the containment, and the
laser tuning is done by very fast computers. Efficiency will be achieved
once the computer technology is much faster at tuning the lasers.
        Yousuf Khan
--------------------
one have to understand that containmentis the sun system
we have to be more cleaver than the sun
because we have not the 'resources' of the sun
so the more sophysticated system of us onour globe
should be

COUNTER ACCELERATION !!

see my above post and abstract the say Boron nuc etc
and why **exact** counter acceleration.

the nucs are not just' porridges' of protons and neutrons !!

on our globe containment is as efficient as ---

--'A DOG RUNNING AFTER HIS TAIL '!!
AS WAS DONE WITH THE TOKAMAK !!

ATB
Y.Porat
---------------------------------
Y.Porat
2011-04-14 05:52:06 UTC
We're using lasers right now to do the containment, and the
laser tuning is done by very fast computers. Efficiency will be achieved
once the computer technology is much faster at tuning the lasers.
        Yousuf Khan
why can't the tuning be achieved by many parallel processors
distributing the tasks? like a grid with an organized design
r.y
you are getting closer !!

see my abstract and above explanations
and get yourself **unprecedentedly **