EINSTEINIANS TEST DIVINE ALBERT'S DIVINE THEORY
Tom Potter
2013-09-25 05:54:59 UTC
Einsteinians test time dilation, the glorious consequence of Einstein's
First you have to show that the speed of light is not constant.
I can't find any observations to support that.
Ever hear of "slow glass"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slow_light

The "speed of light"
is a function of the permeability and the permittivity
of the medium that the "light" traverses.

If a medium is homogenous [ The same everywhere]
and isotropic [The same in all directions]
the "speed of light" in THAT medium will be constant.

If one makes the faulty ASSUMPTION that
the volume integral of the product of
permeability and permittivity

is CONSTANT for ALL unit spheres in the universe
they are lead to believe that
the "speed of light" is also a constant everywhere.

Of course, if one make this assumption,
they will not be able to exploit the PHYSICS
involved where the volume integral of the product of
permeability times permittivity is not a constant,
such as in material objects,
and regions of microspace.

http://www.opticsinfobase.org/oe/issue.cfm?volume=18

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=volume+integral+of+a+spherical+mass&FORM=HDRSC2
--
Tom Potter

http://warp-to.us/
http://tiny.im/390k
http://tom-potters-world.tk/
Lord Androcles
2013-09-25 15:15:34 UTC
[...]

The effect media has on a massive particle is friction to retard its
velocity, or for
a wave to reduce its amplitude via distribution over a greater area.
What the wormlet can't find the wormlet doesn't want to find or is too
stupid to find,
there is ample evidence for light's velocity being source dependent, not
least of which
is MMX.

-- Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
2013-09-29 01:01:09 UTC
In <45w0u.127032$***@fx32.am4>, on 09/25/2013
at 08:15 AM, "Lord Androcles"
Post by Tom Potter
Ever hear of "slow glass"?
Ever hear of "vacuum"? Neither SR nor GR claims that the measured
speed of light in a material medium is constant.

reply to ***@library.lspace.org
Lord Androcles
2013-09-29 11:24:03 UTC
Post by Tom Potter
Ever hear of "slow glass"?
and then the ignorant snipping lying bastard tried to say I wrote it!
No, I have NOT heard of slow glass, Metz, so what would you like me to do
about it?
Have you Lorentz worshippIng relativistic cranks heard of getting your
attributions right? You could start by not snipping, you fucking imbecile.

-- Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
2013-09-30 11:11:25 UTC
In <64N1u.3256$***@fx04.am4>, on 09/29/2013
at 04:24 AM, "Lord Androcles"
Post by Lord Androcles
Post by Tom Potter
Ever hear of "slow glass"?
and then the ignorant snipping lying bastard
You are a pathetic, incompetent ignoramous with delusions of adequacy.
If you are to stupid to indicate quoted material with, e.g., a leading
">", then don't blame others for attributing the unquoted text to you.
Gow back to the sewer with potter.

*PLONK*

reply to ***@library.lspace.org
Lord Androcles

Counter plonk.
Tom Potter
2013-10-01 15:03:11 UTC
Post by Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
at 04:24 AM, "Lord Androcles"
Post by Lord Androcles
Post by Tom Potter
Ever hear of "slow glass"?
and then the ignorant snipping lying bastard
You are a pathetic, incompetent ignoramous with delusions of adequacy.
If you are to stupid to indicate quoted material with, e.g., a leading
">", then don't blame others for attributing the unquoted text to you.
Gow back to the sewer with potter.
Regarding my pal "Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz" comment
about me being in a sewer,

as can be seen from my many posts over the years,
I make an effort to see who is generating
all the filth and sewage
so I can call it to the attention of the folks
who prefer TRUTH and HONESTY

to the filth, lies and distortions put out by people
motivated by race/religion/power/money and ego.

To figure out who is generating
the filth and sewage
one has to look in the sewers.
--
Tom Potter

http://warp-to.us/
http://tiny.im/390k
http://tom-potters-world.tk/
Lord Androcles
2013-10-01 23:27:22 UTC
Post by Lord Androcles
Post by Tom Potter
[...]

Just plonk the moron, Potter, he's so stupid he can't recognise a line
of "=" discriminates authors just as well as ">" does.

-- Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway
Tom Potter
2013-09-29 07:21:26 UTC
Post by Tom Potter
Ever hear of "slow glass"?
Ever hear of "vacuum"? Neither SR nor GR claims that the measured
speed of light in a material medium is constant.
Thanks to my pal Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
for demonstrating how many people
have been conditioned to believe that
space is a homogeneous and isotropic VACUUM
devoid of matter that interacts with electromagnetic radiation.

Maxwell observed that the speed of light
was a function of Faraday's "magnetic constant" [Permeability]
and his electric constant [Permittivity]

[ Faraday used the "magnetic constant"
to equate a magnetic force to a mechanical force,
and used the "electric constant"
to equate an electric force to a mechanical force. ]

Maxwell determined that the speed of light was
the square root of the reciprocal of
Permeability times Permittivity.

In other words, Maxwell discovered
that the speed that electric and magnet forces
propagated was a function of the
medium between a source and a sink.

In order to explain how
how electromagnetic action propogated,
Maxwell came up with the concept of "dielectric displacement"

"Dielectric displacement is charge per surface area. When an electrical
charge acts on a dielectric material, it stresses and polarizes the
molecules in material. The material remains in an electrically stressed
state when the charge is removed.

Dielectric displacement current is charge displacement without charge
transport. Displacement current does not involve the motion of charges
(current flow), but involves the formation of electric dipoles which create
an effect similar to the movement of charges. The cyclical reversals of
these dipoles gives rise to magnetic effects, which in turn gives rise to
displacement currents. This alternating electro-magnetic cycle persists
(Propagates as light) until it is absorbed somewhere in time and space."

[...]

For example, they will not be able to think rationally
about near fields, corona, lightning, solid-state devices,
how the atmosphere affects the GPS System, etc.

The bottom line is:
it is more correct to say:

that the speed of light is
the square root of the reciprocal of
Permeability times Permittivity
at EACH point in space,

[ Space being the geometry that is used
to order objects and events,
and the best geometry to use for men and computers
is an orthogonal geometry, with bi-polar, LINEAR, units,
and one that has the minimum number of orthogonals.]

than it is to say
that light travels at some fixed, analog speed in
what one decides to call a vacuum,
a fictional thing that is constantly being modulated
by the rearrangement of matter and radiation.
--
Tom Potter

http://warp-to.us/
http://tiny.im/390k
http://tom-potters-world.tk/
Lofty Goat
2013-09-30 00:25:47 UTC
Post by Tom Potter
Ever hear of "slow glass"?
Yes. It was the subject of a science fiction story written a few decades
ago. A sad story, but a manifestly implausible one.
Lord Androcles
2013-09-30 11:59:46 UTC
"Lofty Goat" wrote in message news:HbCdnaosw5-***@giganews.com...

It was the subject of a science fiction story written a few decades
ago. A sad story, but a manifestly implausible one.
Ever hear of Paul Draper's relativity?
Used to run his big mouth a lot, but hopeless at mathematics.
A sad story, but a manifestly impossible one.

-- Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway