50 Watt Thermonuclear Fusion?
Chris
2009-12-11 23:14:00 UTC

I have carried out another experiment and this video appears to show about
50 watt of fusion power directly converted to electrical power:

The output radiated power increases as the VSWR increases' indicating that
power is developed in the gas.

Inside the tube is hydrogen gas at 1E-4 Tor. The reaction converts hydrogen
to helium and releases power by fusion of light nuclei. Gamma photons appear
to be generated. The counter does not distinguish x-rays from gamma rays. It
does not detect alpha or beta from that direction. I have no means of
detecting neutrons.

I interpret the experiment as a demonstration of fusion power.

Experiment carried out at about 9:30 pm 11 December 2009.

(Excess power = 100 x 45/35 - 100= 28 watt but when the exciter dropped to
80 watt the output power was sustained for a while making 48 watt
altogether)
--
Chris.
Remove ns_ to reply
Chris
2009-12-12 09:09:32 UTC
Here is my introduction:

--
Chris.
Remove ns_ to reply
Post by Chris
Hi,
I have carried out another experiment and this video appears to show about
http://youtu.be/n2xIfZHee5Q
Remove ns_ to reply
slapthebass
2009-12-14 05:51:33 UTC
hello,, thank you for posting your video.

can you describe your setup in more detail?
What's in the tube,
how do you deliver the hydrogen (or protons) into it.

I would love to hear more of your experiments.

Thanks again,
Dan
Chris
2009-12-14 20:47:48 UTC
I'm not very good at that but the reactor is an LC tuned circuit with
hydrogen gas in a tube inside the coil. In this experiment the hydrogen gas
is at pressure 1E-4 Tor. I buy the tubes with the gas loaded from an
American company. The exciter is a radio transmitter tuned to the reactor's
resonant frequency (3.7000 MHz).

There is a VSWR/Power meter and two radio energy detectors. The left hand
radio detector is quite accurate but can only be read to 1 and a bit places
but the right hand one has a easily readable scale that can be read to two
and a bit places of decimals but is uncalibrated.

I think the engine would work better with deuterium in the tube and in fact
it may only be this that is reacting with the deuterium naturally present in
the hydrogen.

I have ordered a deuterium spectral tube from Ebay and if I can fit this
inside with the existing coil or make another one to fit the tube it might
start up. My hydrogen tube supplier cannot ship dueterium cells.

If I make a smaller coil to fit the spectral tube I will also need a smaller
capacitor and excite the unit at a higher frequency.
--
Chris.
Remove ns_ to reply
Dan
Chris
2009-12-31 01:10:32 UTC
I did another experiment tonight. As before the transmitted power indicator
rose from 35 to 45 scale divisions and the newly attached current meter
showed an increase of circulating current from 9 amp to 12 amp. The Geiger
counter gave a reading of up to >0.5 micro Sieverts an hour. And the reverse
power meter rose from 0 to 5 watt. I then changed the capacitor of the
reactor to give minimum reverse power. The transmitted power indicator did
not change much and the current meter rose a little but I found I could not
reduce the reverse power below 2 watt. I conclude that I was generating 2
watts of fusion power with 100 watt exciter power. I noticed that when I
turned off the exciter the Geiger counter reading showed >0.3 micro Sieverts
per hour that lasted for several seconds.
--
Chris.
Remove ns_ to reply
Dan
Chris
2009-12-31 01:51:24 UTC
My device is not a circularly polarised thing at all. The ions are held in
their complex orbits by the force of repulstion between unlike currents. The
force is approximately I^2/d^2 times e0. If the orbit is helical then this
force has to equal the centripetal force of an orbiting ion. Mv^2/r.

So Mv^2/r=(qv)^2/(R-r)^2 e0 where q is the ionic charge and e0 is the
permittivity of free space.

The collision energy=mean free path x e-field strength. Since the ion moves
in a helical path it travels much further than the length of the tube. I do
not know the pitch of the helix so I cannot work out the maximum path
length.

The orbit of the ion is complex and it is forced toward the axis where the
density is highest and where the collisions occur.

I believe the small amount of power generated comes from the naturally
occuring deuterium in hydrogen. However since the equivalent temperature of
the collisions was calculated as over 200 million K it could be proton
fusion that is occuring and that generates no neutrons according to a poster
here.

My calculation also indicates that to generate a self sustaining system that
generates net power using hydrogen a pressure of 1000 Tor with an exciter
power of about 45000 watt would be needed for my set up. I have no means of
doing this and at that exciter power my conductors would melt and the Pyrex
tube likewise.

So I would like to try a deuterium tube at the same pressure as I am using
now (10^-4 Tor) which, according to its lower ignition temperature it should
start up at only ten watt. I believe the reaction makes neutrons so I cannot
do this here in my back bedroom or all around me and me would die.

I would therefore like someone with more resorces to carry out this
experiment.
--
Chris.
Remove ns_ to reply
Dan
Chris
2009-12-31 13:03:39 UTC
I did another experiment today. Here I used a Pyrex test tube containing
hydrogen at a pressure of 3 Tor. The reactor was excited with 100 Watt RF at
3.7 MHz. It settled down quickly and by tuning the reactor I found that the
reverse power could not be reduced to below 2 Watt. I surmise that this
power in being generated in the gas by fusion of protons.

The radiation level was only slightly above background. Here is my video of
the run.

This second video shows the background after the exciter was turned off.

--
Chris.
Remove ns_ to reply
Dan
Chris
2010-01-05 23:31:28 UTC

Another experiment
--
Chris.
Remove ns_ to reply
Hi,
Remove ns_ to reply
Chris
2010-01-08 23:18:34 UTC
Video of experiment cut to ten minutes to comply with u-tube regulations.

I did another experiment this evening and here is the video:

This was done with low pressure hydrogen. The effect is weakening as it is a
spent tube.
--
Chris.
Remove ns_ to reply