reactor
Christopher Strevens
2013-04-21 14:05:20 UTC
I think that the power generated by the fuel and the power capacity of
the output winding must match and that the tank circuit should have ten
times the energy stored at is being drawn. So if 50 KW is being drawn
then 100 KJ must be stored in the tank circuit and the ion pressure must
be correct that the power generated by the plasma must equal the power
drawn by the load.

I did some sums.

diameter of wire in mm 4

diameter of former in mm 100

length of former in mm 80

number of turns 1000

Turns per layer 20

Number of Layers 50

Diameter of coil 0.5

Length of Wire 955.04415 Meters

resistance of winding 1.2768

Inductance of winding by simple formula 0.12337005

new turns 1=y 2=n 2

Inductance by measurement 0.12

Resonant Frequency Hz 50

capacitance by resonance formula 84.4343226 uF

Capacitance 84.4343226 uF

correct ? 1=n 2=y 2

Dynamic impedance 1113.11324

Resonant frequency is 50.0

1 for exit 2 for loop for another capacitance 1

Q 29.5262462

Winding Mass 107.292861 Kg

Rms Potential 500

Half Wavelength 0.04

Velocity 4.0

Peak Potential 700.0

Peak Current 18.5574369

Rms Current 13.2553121

Peak Ampere Turns 18557.4369

Plasma Current 18557.4369

Plasma Current Density 1.39180777e9 Amp per meter^2, near centre

Ion Pressure of Plasma 2.58964667e10 Pa

Power lost through resistance 314.073159 Watt

Power Generated if Deuterium 5.05640829e14 Watt

Power Generated by natural hydrogen 12135379.9 Watt

1 exit 2 loop 1

1 exit 2 again 2

diameter of wire in mm 4

diameter of former in mm 100

length of former in mm 80

number of turns 2000

Turns per layer 20

Number of Layers 100

Diameter of coil 0.9

Length of Wire 3166.72534 Meters

resistance of winding 4.2336

Inductance of winding by simple formula 0.4934802

new turns 1=y 2=n 2

Inductance by measurement 0.5

Resonant Frequency Hz 50

capacitance by resonance formula 20.2642374 uF

Capacitance 20.2642374 uF

correct ? 1=n 2=y 2

Dynamic impedance 5828.13921

Resonant frequency is 50.0

1 for exit 2 for loop for another capacitance 1

Q 37.1030872

Winding Mass 355.760538 Kg

Rms Potential 400

Half Wavelength 0.04

Velocity 4.0

Peak Potential 560.0

Peak Current 3.56377665

Rms Current 2.54555475

Peak Ampere Turns 7127.55329

Plasma Current 7127.55329

Plasma Current Density 5.34566497e8 Amp per meter^2, near centre

Ion Pressure of Plasma 3.82019451e9 Pa

Power lost through resistance 38.406324 Watt

Power Generated if Deuterium 1.10035307e13 Watt

Power Generated by natural hydrogen 264084.736 Watt

1 exit 2 loop 1

1 exit 2 again 2

diameter of wire in mm 4

diameter of former in mm 100

length of former in mm 80

number of turns 4000

Turns per layer 20

Number of Layers 200

Diameter of coil 1.7

Length of Wire 11359.9988 Meters

resistance of winding 15.1872

Inductance of winding by simple formula 1.97392081

new turns 1=y 2=n 2

Inductance by measurement 2

Resonant Frequency Hz 50

capacitance by resonance formula 5.06605935 uF

Capacitance 5.06605935 uF

correct ? 1=n 2=y 2

Dynamic impedance 25994.5324

Resonant frequency is 50.0

1 for exit 2 for loop for another capacitance 1

Q 41.371584

Winding Mass 1276.22034 Kg

Rms Potential 4000

Half Wavelength 0.04

Velocity 4.0

Peak Potential 5600.0

Peak Current 8.91007451

Rms Current 6.36433893

Peak Ampere Turns 35640.298

Plasma Current 35640.298

Plasma Current Density 2.67302235e9 Amp per meter^2, near centre

Ion Pressure of Plasma 9.55184318e10 Pa

Power lost through resistance 861.216512 Watt

Power Generated if Deuterium 6.87916101e15 Watt

Power Generated by natural hydrogen 1.65099864e8 Watt

1 exit 2 loop 2

Rms Potential 200

Half Wavelength 0.04

Velocity 4.0

Peak Potential 280.0

Peak Current 0.44550373

Rms Current 0.31821695

Peak Ampere Turns 1782.0149

Plasma Current 1782.0149

Plasma Current Density 1.33651118e8 Amp per meter^2, near centre

Ion Pressure of Plasma 2.3879608e8 Pa

Power lost through resistance 2.15304128 Watt

Power Generated if Deuterium 4.29947563e10 Watt

Power Generated by natural hydrogen 1031.87415 Watt

1 exit 2 loop 1

1 exit 2 again 2

diameter of wire in mm 4

diameter of former in mm 100

length of former in mm 80

number of turns 2000

Turns per layer 20

Number of Layers 100

Diameter of coil 0.9

Length of Wire 3166.72534 Meters

resistance of winding 4.2336

Inductance of winding by simple formula 0.4934802

new turns 1=y 2=n 2

Inductance by measurement 0.5

Resonant Frequency Hz 50

capacitance by resonance formula 20.2642374 uF

Capacitance 20.2642374 uF

correct ? 1=n 2=y 2

Dynamic impedance 5828.13921

Resonant frequency is 50.0

1 for exit 2 for loop for another capacitance 1

Q 37.1030872

Winding Mass 355.760538 Kg

Rms Potential 2000

Half Wavelength 0.04

Velocity 4.0

Peak Potential 2800.0

Peak Current 17.8188832

Rms Current 12.7277737

Peak Ampere Turns 35637.7665

Plasma Current 35637.7665

Plasma Current Density 2.67283248e9 Amp per meter^2, near centre

Ion Pressure of Plasma 9.55048627e10 Pa

Power lost through resistance 960.158101 Watt

Power Generated if Deuterium 6.87720668e15 Watt

Power Generated by natural hydrogen 1.6505296e8 Watt

1 exit 2 loop 1

1 exit 2 again 1

Since the power generated by natural hydrogen is too high I suppose
using low pressure would reduce this power.

The regulator should keep it in check though.

The inductance is an estimate.

The tank circuit here stores 25000 Joules.

Dr Chris

http://www.cs003o327.webspace.virginmedia.com/

Christopher Strevens
2013-04-22 08:08:29 UTC
I am told that someone has made a 50KW version that worked "like a
dream" and will soon be on sale as a domestic power unit.

From: Christopher Strevens
[mailto:***@hotmail.co_1.uk_1]
Posted At: 21 April 2013 15:05
Posted To: sci.physics.fusion
Conversation: reactor
Subject: reactor

Richard Tobin
2013-04-22 11:57:53 UTC
Post by Christopher Strevens
I am told that someone has made a 50KW version that worked "like a
dream" and will soon be on sale as a domestic power unit.
I forecast that no such thing will be on sale "soon", whether that means
1 year, 5 years, or 20 years.

-- Richard
Christopher Strevens
2013-04-25 19:14:33 UTC
Actually the unit I am about to make will only generate about 3 watt. I
am not able to make more powerful versions because of the mass of copper
required.

I did do a design of a 50KW unit. It may have been published here. I
cannot remember. For my home a 10 KW version is needed but that will
have massive conductors also.

The problem with domestic units is that they are radioactive so
commercial units need to operate in huge shields to protect users. I was
thinking of using expanded polystyrene as a shield by acting as an
atmosphere. Radiation is arrested by Compton scattering.

I feel ill actually and I wonder if I have radiation sickness. Yesterday
I had a beetroot red face and sunburn. The last time I ran the unit was
about 4 days ago. I sent it to a friend in Utrecht. I calculate that it
will only generate a few watts because the wire is quite thin.

I will cease my experiments now.

My studies have caused conflict here and I have been subjected to
physical assault.

Some friends who have made similar units have been arrested as I was and
injected with toxins.

There is a "war against scientists" here.